Cats and dogs
Thursday, February 15, 2007

Crissy and Emily are two of my best friends (I'm gonna drop the abbreviations, they're irritating the hell out of me, even I can't keep track anymore) and they are fighting eachother all week. I've known Crissy since we were juniors in high school and we've been through the good, the bad and the ugly together. We both know very well what our flaws are and we chose to accept them. The last time we had an argument was in 1999. Emily hasn't been around for that long but us three are like the three musketeers/TLC/the little nephews of Donald Duck... you get the picture. Right now they're acting like children and they're both calling me everyday to vent a.k.a. bitch about eachother. I keep advising them to call eachother and clear the fucking air. But when Crissy phones Emily, she refuses to pick up. The next day it's the other way around and so they're playing a pretty futile game of text-ping-pong since friday. Is this high school part deux? Is this ever gonna change? I think it's best to be an ally to all women who are pure on the inside. Everytime I think I've shed my adolescent skin something happens that makes me wonder if I'm ever going to.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I don't think you ever shed it. I'll be 31 in a week and a half and I still find myself in situations where I say "Damn - when am I actually a grown up?"

I have a successful career, two children, etc. and some of the drama never goes away.

I will tell you one thing, I have one friend that I know will be my best friend till death - we have been friends since the 6th grade and we have never had a fight. I seriously cannot even remember ever feeling any type of resentment towards her. We have grown up together and now are kids are close. She just stopped by my work about ten minutes ago to drop me off a latte and to drop off Valentine's Day goodie bags for my kids - I am thankful for her EVERY DAY!!!

When you find a friend like that - you keep them!!!

February 16, 2007 at 7:09 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Aaaaah just great! So this shit'll continue 'till eternity? You're kind of my own private illusionkiller and I don't know if I like it that much;-)

Oh that's sooo sweet, my just burst my enamel!!

February 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)