Oh My God?!
Sunday, January 14, 2007

Saturday, my boyfriend B and I woke up, and it was as if I entered his bad trip. B's an actor but we live in a very small country where you can't really live off acting, the majority of actors has to work a normal job to make ends meet. He's 32, he's been doing this for 7 years now and he's not as succesful as he wished he'd be. And that means every now and then he throws a "I hate my life, I hate my friends, I hate this country, I hate everything, why am i not succesful?!"-tantrum. In the beginning, I was telling him that he should be happy with the things he does have, and that he's luckier than a lot of people. Hey, we don't live in Afghanistan, we have our health, we have people who love us very much! Life ain't half bad, man! But I've learned that the best thing to do is just sit down and listen to him squirt. The pity party went on the whole saturday, and at night we made an appearance at a birthdayparty of a girlfriend of mine who turned 36. It was nice but I was just so tired of all that listening and comforting we left at 1 am. My boyfriend wanted to stay longer but I can be really bossy, especially after the torture he put me through!


This morning my phone rang and it was my girlfriend K who's in the middle of breaking up. She was crying and screaming so loud that I couldn't even understand her and I went over there immediately and found out that her now-ex-boyfriend had sex with his ex-girlfriend at a club(?!) about a month ago. Pffff. Sometimes I really don't understand people. Between thinking about them two gettin' it on at a nightclub, worrying about STD's, having to deal with moving all of her stuff out and the heartache of losing a love she's in pretty bad shape. The weird thing is, because of what they're going through, I'm beginning to have doubts about my relationship too, even if I don't want to. Aren't all men just plain ASSholes??

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

You should get the movie or the book The Secret for your boyfriend (you would benefit from it too)!

The movie does a better job of driving the point home...you can watch the trailer on the website :)

January 16, 2007 at 8:10 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Thanks Misty! I'm beginning to think I need some help from a movie too;-)
I'm gonna check it out, maybe it'll help me be more insightful, miracles do happen, don't they?

January 16, 2007 at 3:24 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)