Looking up to ...
Friday, January 26, 2007

In her book "Faithfull" Marianne Faithfull is telling it all, from her incredible family line (her great uncle is Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, yes, the term masochism was based on his name) to her own carreer as a singer, her love-affair with Mick Jagger, being a hippie It-girl and the aftermath from the 60's and 70's when she beat heroin addiction. "Faithfull" is a fantastic read; Marianne is smart, funny and honest (as far as she knows, she was stoned during the most 60's & 70s) and there are a lot of stories about Bob Dylan, all of the Stones especially Mick, Keith and Brian Jones (my personal favourite Stone) and Anita Pallenberg that you've never heard before.

I'm a sucker for autobiographies. Biographies can also be very cool but I love reading a book from the perspective of the protagonist herself. I loved (x3) this book by Marianne Faithfull so much I immediately got tickets when I heard she was coming to town, even though I had only heard 1,5 song of hers. I didn't care, this lady is a damn legend! Her shows got cancelled because she was diagnosed with breastcancer but thank God she got cured and I heard she will be on tour again this year.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I wish I had 5 free seconds to read. I have to download everything from audible.com and listen to it in my iPod in the car.

January 26, 2007 at 4:59 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Oo djeez, it's a whole different when you're a working mom, I suppose, maybe it gets better when they're in their late teens? Only another 15 year to go!;-) For me the best time to read is right before I catch some Zz's.

January 27, 2007 at 3:51 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)