Dinner, drama and a movie
Saturday, January 27, 2007





Every year when the holidays are over and I've broken all my newyear's resolutions (like flossing everyday) there is something I really look forward to: Filmfestivaltime! Yesterday B and I had a theme-evening. We had a nice sushi dinner and after that it was time to go see 'Hana' a movie by Kore-eda, a Japanese filmmaker who also made the beautiful film 'Nobody knows' (about three kids who are abandoned by their mother and how they cope with that in the urban jungle of Kyoto/Osaka/Tokyo -can't remember the city, sorry).

'Hana' was different; the main character is a pour, goodlooking, pacifistic samourai who seeks vengeance in a time where there isn't any use for a samourai anymore because the war is over. He can't find his enemy (the man who killed his father) and is a really bad swordsman. To make matters worse he is in love with a women who has a great kid whose father happens to be the man he's supposed to kill. In the end they put all their stories in a play and... I couldn't really make up what they were gonna do after that. There were a few stories beneath the mainstory and to be honest, I didn't understand them all! But I always feel like I'm seeing something beautiful and special with movies like this. The sceneries are off the hook and the way they shoot films out there is magical. Also, nothing in this world compares to Japanese humor!

At dinner my boyfriend and I had a little bit of a scene. We both have changed a lot since we fell in love with eachother 3,5 years ago and at times it's quite difficult to deal and work with that change. The child in me wishes everything could remain the same.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Was it in English?

Sorry about the dinner drama!

January 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

No man, I wish it was, it was in Japanese. There were subtitles but I think a few things were just kinda lost in translation. Either that or I'm just too stupid!

Appreciate your concern:-)

January 28, 2007 at 8:04 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)