Break ups suck
Friday, January 12, 2007

One of my dearest, closest friends is in the middle of breaking up with her boyfriend of 5 years. That's a long time when you're 26. The guy's 38 years old and has two children, the eldest is 17 and the younger one 8. When she met him he was a big ol' mess. He had a huge debt, not from creditcards or something but electricitybills he didn't pay for 2 years and like fifty unpaid speedingtickets. At that point he didn't even open his mail 'cause he was too afraid to face the music. He couldn't even get out of the country because then customs would nail his ass. He smoked a lot of weed with his loser inmate friends(not that we're against recreational druguse but it's a different story when you do it 'cause you can't handle what life throws atcha). He had been in jail for 2 years. He worked at a bar and didn't really have any plans, let alone goals in life. But he was a really nice, lovin', goodlookin' (absolutely not my taste) guy and I totally understood what she saw in him. If the heart is good, you know...

In the years to come she worked on him, making sure he opened his mail, paid of his debt, quit them damn reefers, get some carreerperspective and just live life on the right side of the road. And it worked! They were really happy. Except for one thing: she was frigid. Their non-existent sex life happened for a lot of reasons that I don't wanna get into right now (I just had breakfast;-) but after a few years of pushing him away he began to flirt with other girls and started coming home late. Also, he wanted to go to kinky-sex-parties (they're really popular out here) and experiment in that area while she's not even into fucking him.
And now they've decided to take a break from eachother. He's totally not responsive when she wants to talk about their problems. He's acting all tired of it and just basically ignores it when she's crying her eyes out in front of him.

I absolutely hate him for hurting her, but I also understand him. If my boyfriend wouldn't touch me, I would be out the door too. Tonight I'm having dinner with her, but first I have to go see my mom and go to the library. Sometimes life sucks BIGtime.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Oi Vay! Breakups DO suck.

January 12, 2007 at 12:05 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)