Best band in the world
Monday, January 8, 2007

13 Years ago I was a nosy, mischievious, free spirited, 12-year-old little girl and I decided to steal a cassette tape from my brother. It was a tape of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Blood Sugar Sex Magik album and when I first listened to it, it was mind altering. The melody, the lyrics and the super-synergetic force of the band was blowing my little brain away! It was the time in my life when I began to, silently and in my mind, explore and getting acquainted with my own sexuality and this music was a perfect soundtrack for that (ongoing;-) journey. Also, their four personalities (or better, my perspective on their personalities) made me think about myself and how i wanted to live my life. What kind of woman I wanted to be when I grew up.


Anthony Kiedis' lyrics taught me how i wanted my future mainman to love me. Love me all the way, love me for all that I am. Flea, on bass, gave me the power to let the crazy, mad, funlovin' girl run loose and to this day, whenever it's possible, I always try not to censure her. Chad Smith showed me the importance of being a strong, stable, trustworthy and at times thrusting (f)actor in my own life, as well as in the lifes of the people I love and care about. And finally, John Frusciante, my special one. He showed me how beautiful it is to live your life a kind, sensitive, spiritual, grounded and creative human being. To always try to be vulnerable, open and giving.



But let's not forget the music's just kick-ass good and I love pumping up the volume when I'm home alone and singing along and shakin' ma tailfeather!

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger aliangchen had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 8, 2007 at 11:58 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Thirty dirty birds
Sitting on a curb
Chirping and Burping
And eating
Dirty earthworms

Along comes Herbie
From thirty-third
And third
Saw the thirty
Dirty birds
Sitting on a curb
Chirping and Burping
And eating
Dirty earthworms
Boy he was
Disturbed
:)

January 11, 2007 at 11:24 AM 


Blogger Slinger had this to say:

I assume you own STADIUM ARCADIUM? If not, go get that album, John Frusciante plays guitar like a GOD on this double CD.

January 16, 2007 at 7:32 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

That's so true, Slinger! I don't know how he does it, but his talent goes far beyond anything I've ever listened to:-)

January 16, 2007 at 3:04 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)